Friday, August 3, 2007

Progress

I have been working on my chevron scarf off and on, and I am very happy with how it is turning out. It is 58 inches long now, and I still have quite a bit of yarn left. Originally I planned to knit until I ran out of yarn, but I think the scarf will be 10 feet long if I do that. I think I will go to 75 inches and stop. That will give me good wrap around without hanging down to my knees. So I am torn. What do I knit with the left overs? Should I knit a simple hat, a set of fingerless gloves, socks...hmmm... Any opinions?

Here is a shot of the scarf this morning. This thing was very hard to photograph. Not only due to it's size, but the colors are so hard to capture. This photo shows the colors the best, but it is still not 100% accurate. Once I finish it and block it I will take some pics outside in "real" light.

Does anyone have any tips on blocking for this scarf? This is going to be my first foray into blocking something other than socks.

4 comments:

Hobbygåsa said...

Fingerless gloves are totally a nice option! I often block the easy way, put it between to wet towels...But that can look flat-depending on the yarn.

Sue J. said...

First, I'll give my scarf a nice Euclan bath. Then roll it in a towel, stretch it out on the floor, pin it, and let it dry. Should get the bumps out. I block most everything this way, except socks.

g-girl said...

wow, it's already 58 inches?? on flickr group, there was some discussion on blocking-here's the link: http://www.flickr.com/groups/
chevronscarf/discuss/
72157600356557430/. I hope that helps.

Minerva Turkey said...

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the feedback. This group has been so helpful. :)