Sunday, July 8, 2007

Slowly but surely

My scarf is progressing!
I finally got my yarn in the mail on Friday and I was pleased with the colors of the yarn separately but not sure how they would work together:


This is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock - the skein on the left is Georgetown and the one on the right is Lake View.
Fortunately they seem to get along alright as I knit them up together.
Here is a current progress shot:

It's slow going but mostly because I stop every four rows to admire my progress and look at the flow of the colors as they shift and change.
Perhaps I should follow the axiom (if there is one): Less lookie, more knitty.
Cheers!

7 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

Those are gorgeous colors! The darker blues stripes really pop. Definately a good choice. :-)

Sue J. said...

Beautiful! The colors look great together.

Linda said...

Really nice - I love the colors. I used Georgetown for a pair of socks, so I'm biased :-)

tiennieknits said...

Love the blues!

Angelika said...

Hmm, colors look kinda familiar? But not as fuzzy. I love it. They are related, but they work well together.

Kate said...

Really pretty!!!

Chelsea said...

This looks great! I love the contrast of the two shades together. Good choices! :)